Friday, January 21, 2022

Relapse

 Oh my.

The granulomatosis with polyangiitis has relapsed.

I should have moved more quickly with the tests, but every pain seemed to have a logical orgin other than GPA.

As it is, insurance was more of a hold up than most of the other stuff.

This time started with ear ache - pain in TMJ (?) joint - couldn't open mouth to brush teeth. Thought it was connected to lifting 40 lb. lime bags. Docs tell you not to lift more than 5 lbs. if you have some sort of facial medical stuff going on. Just thought it was strain.

Ear ache came next. Again, thought it connected to cleaning basement, breathing dust, stuffy sinuses. Went to Urgent Care about it. Explained my GPA. She cleaned out my ear, said I was clear, gave ear drops just in case cleaning my ear stirred up some bacteria.

Went to Allison @ Novant - explained my GPA - told her that Dr. Greenwood does blood tests. She did the one, but had no idea what an ANCA was, so she didn't order it. After results came back - took from Tuesday 'til Thursday!!! - no protein and blood in urine, creatinine up, but no ANCA. Called Catherine's VM to ask for tests. No response from her. Girl checking Catherine's VM called to ask about symptoms, said she would contact Dr. G. Dr. G called Thursday night and prescribed prednisone - said I'd hear from Catherine tomorrow about setting up Rituxan. Friday, appt girl called to set up appt with Dr. G on Monday.

Monday - Dr. G. - he asked: When's your Rituxan? I had not heard ANYTHING about it.

Tuesday - Catherine called to say she was trying to set it up, but waiting for insurance authorization.

Wednesday - 11:00 am - Catherine called to give dates/times for infusions.

I think I'm done.

There is absolutely ZERO purpose to continue this unknown journey.

I have ZERO positive effect on ANYTHING in this world. 

My departure would leave no hole. Seriously, next relapse, let's just let this run its course.

Survival time with kidney failure is about ???? 

I have long-term care insurance to check me into a facility. Let them deal with the pain, but why put effort into a losing cause? 



No comments:

Post a Comment