Monday, December 20, 2021

????

Now, really, why haven't I been using this blog for the past 9 years - or so. The last post looks as if 2015 was my last blog post.
Today is the January 2, 2020. Mike has lost his job and has applied for disability. Sam has no job and is getting ready to return to school - this time for an Associate's degree as a Medical Laboratory Technician. Both are here with me. I'm a single parent with 2 dependent children.
Last year and the end of 2018 was a tough time. My autoimmune system decided to attack my kidneys and my hearing. I had 2 iron infusions to counteract the loss of blood. Endured a 6 month course of prednisone, had 4 rituxin infusions, and am now on azasan - an anti-rejection drug. From October 4 until November 13, 2018, I was out of school because I couldn't stand up long enough and could not drive because of the dizziness and weakness. THANK GOODNESS Sam was here to help. I would have had to go to assisted living if she had not been here.
Goose and I are trying to update Mama and Daddy's house - it's on the verge of being a money pit, but it's SO hard to even think about doing anything other than patching it up to make it more livable. We're almost ready to paint the living room.


No comments:

Post a Comment