Saturday, November 14, 2015

A different feel to a new school year.  Now appearing in a new location: room 806.  It's a good place to be.  I'm lucky to have escaped the chaos created by the no-team teaming in 7th grade.  I'm especially glad that I am with Kendal.  Missing Dianna's quiet humor and Mollie's loud juxtaposition.
I'm trying to return to what works.  It's more difficult than one might assume.  I have to juggle the tested benchmark standards among my plans for reading and writing.  IF the kids had had a solid foundation in writing and reading prior to now, things wouldn't be so hard.  It's a fine line between mandating a curriculum and ensuring kids have consistency and continuity in learning. The standards are still way too broad given what the kids have had in the preceding years.

I want to start a system of greater accountability for independent reading.  It needs to be manageable, and I need to actually have the time to teach/model it for the kids.  WHEN??

I need to teach some argument writing stuff. Need to get that together tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment